Simpatico, Italy’s Finest celebrates Columbus Day with the 9th Annual “Columbus Wine & Food Celebration at St. Michaels” of Italian Wine, Food, Art & Games in honor of explorer Christopher Columbus, on Saturday, October 13 from Noon to 5 p.m. Christopher Columbus will be in attendance and will share tales of his exploration adventures, as part of the festivities planned for adults and children of all ages! The event will be held rain or shine in the tented lot adjacent to Simpatico. Stop by and transport yourself to Italy! Ciao
This not-to-be-missed event will feature the following activities to the public at a cost of $25 per person, kids free:
- Italian Wine Tastings (& a couple Spanish!) of over 60 wines, Limoncello, Prosecco, Bellinis, Amalfi Coast Liqueurs!
- Italian Food Served & Tastings including Regional Artisan products from Tuscany, Abruzzo & Umbria & our ever-popular Cipriani Pasta, Jams, Antipasti from Marches region, Pates, Pestos, Truffle products, Olive Oils from 5 regions & Aged and Flavored Balsamics. Also serving our Antipasti, Chicken Pesto, Caponata, Pasta & Wild Boar Sauce, Orange Olive Oil Cake & more!
- Wonderful Artisan Cheese Tastings of Cow, Sheep & Goat cheeses directly flown in from Italy every 2 weeks. Take some home to pair with your wine!
- Live Italian Music – come listen to your favorite Italian songs!!
- Italian Trivia – Answer all the questions and you win a bottle of wine!
- Competition with prizes for the winners
- Art featuring Italy themes – vote for your favorite, all art available for purchase.
- Meet Columbus and hear about his adventures in exploration, and have your picture taken with him!
- Special pricing promotions for the wide range of wines will be offered, discounts on wine-related ceramic items and other items in the shop.
- Local Restaurants will feature an Italian Entree and Wines on Saturday night to continue the celebration.
- Local Shops are offering special offers for attendees with their wrist bands.
For more event details, and to purchase tickets, go to Events on www.simpaticostmichaels.com, or http://www.simpaticostmichaels.com/catalog.php?item=233 or www.localwineevents.com or call 410-745-0345.