Formed on Maryland’s Eastern Shore in 2015, the High & Wides draw from their members’ extensive backgrounds in bluegrass and take the music to a place all their own, recalling an era when old-time, rockabilly, and proto-rock’n’roll coexisted under the vague title “hillbilly music”.
Following the Billboard bluegrass top-ten debut success of their 2018 recording, Lifted, the band released their follow-up album, Seven True Stories, in December 2019, which debuted at #6 on the Billboard Bluegrass Chart.
Members are Marc Dykeman (guitar, vocals), Sam Guthridge (banjo, mandolin, vocals), Nate Grower (fiddle), and Mike Buccino (bass).
*Tickets for this show are sold in pairs.
(Table for 2 = $50)
*This show will also be LIVE-Streamed on Facebook and YouTube!
As a reminder, we are taking the following precautions to ensure your safety while attending shows at the Avalon:
• All high touch surfaces will be cleaned in advance of each performance
• Hand sanitizer will be provided at each table
• Performers will be a minimum of 12 feet from audience members and will not enter the audience area at any time
• We are limiting our audience to 10 tables, with only 2 guests at each table (the Theatre capacity is over 400)
• Tables will be spaced out in the theatre, with a minimum distance of 8 feet between tables
• We will be screening guests before they enter the lobby with a series of COVID questions, as well as taking temperatures
• There will be no walk-up bar service in the theatre. We will offer table service ONLY with texting to place your order
• Guests must keep their masks on, covering both mouth and nose while inside the theatre (except while actively sipping), as well as adjoining areas (i.e. – lobby, hallways and restrooms)
• Guest must be seated and not mingle while in the building
• Guests will be dismissed by individual table after the concert to ensure adequate social distancing
• Guests who fail to follow these rules will be asked to leave