You Can Find All 10 in Talbot County!
Move #travelforward with a trip to Talbot County in celebration of National Travel & Tourism Week with a fun scavenger hunt! Maryland residents and visitors are invited to participate in the Maryland Tourism Coalition’s state-wide Scavenger Hunt to seek out the icons that bring to mind the diversity of things to do and see in this great state. Find at least six of the icons and enter to win an amazing prize. (HINT: You can find all 10 in Talbot County!)
This contest is for our consumers and not intended for members of the industry.
Printable version available HERE
How to Play
Take a selfie with at least six icons between Sunday, May 7 and Saturday, May 20 to be entered to win a prize at random. Enter to win by using #NTTW23MTC and #TourismWorks4MD on your Facebook or Instagram account. Winners will be contacted by direct message.
By submitting your photos, you are granting MTC permission to use for future marketing purposes.
Hints on Where to Find These Maryland Icons in Talbot County
- Black-Eyed Susan: It’s not quite the season yet, but stop in the souvenir shops of Easton, Oxford, or St. Michaels and you’ll find a gift with an image of the bright yellow flower upon it.
- Crabs: Get them fresh-from-the-Bay at any of our seafood restaurants or markets.
- Smith Island Cake: Order a slice at Sugar Buns Airport Café.
- Cows and Dairy Farms: Good cheese needs happy cows, like the ones at Chapel’s Creamery or the Belted Galloways (Oreo cows) at Cookes Hope Road off Rt. 333!
- Horses: Enjoy a horse drawn carriage ride through the beautiful streets of downtown of Easton.
- Maryland Flag: Drive through any picturesque neighborhood in our towns and you’ll find a flag waving, or snap a shot with the Frederick Douglass Statue at the Talbot County Courthouse 11 N. Washington Street.
- Lighthouse: Grab a pic of the Hooper Strait Lighthouse at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.
- Oriole Bird: This is a good time to get a glimpse of an Oriole. They like to perch in tree tops and flit through the upper foliage in search of insects. Walk one of our parks or trails to get your shot.
- Skipjack: You’ll find a Skipjack and other boat style boats at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.
- Orange Crush Cocktail or Mocktail: Order yours at Foxy’s Grille beside St. Michaels Harbor.