Tour one of the oldest free African American communities still in existence today.
For the past several years, The Hill Community Project, in partnership with Historic Easton, Inc., the East End Neighborhood Association, Talbot County, and the State of Maryland, has been documenting, preserving, and sharing this important history through land records, genealogy, oral history, archaeology, architecture, and preservation. Come see some of the stories we’ve unearthed so far on this self-guided tour.
Haunting tours revealing the ghostly history of Easton and St. Michaels.
Narrated horse-drawn carriage tours of historic downtown Easton.
Tour the Poplar Island environmental and habitat restoration project.
History of St. Michaels through exhibits and tours. Open May – October.
Talbot County has 30 historic markers, and counting, along roadsides and historic sites to be found.
Guided walking tours beginning at the Historical Society’s campus in downtown Easton, by appointment only.
Tours by appointment of the 1865 Longwoods one-room Schoolhouse.
Tour the 1880 Greek Revival-style Quaker meeting house and cemetery.