About Sunset Cottage
The Sunset Cottage is a working class Waterman’s Cottage (circa 1790-1805).
It has been restored to its original size as a short term vacation cottage rental. Prior to restoration it served as a private residence on Freemont Street, adjacent to the “Sunset Bar and Grill”. On December 19, 2002 the house was relocated. It was cut in half, lifted by crane, placed on trailers and moved across town to Carpenter Street.
The cottage is a one bedroom (queen bed), one bath with shower, galley kitchen and living room with working fireplace. The bedroom has its original random width pine floors as well as roof rafters. The rafters consist of old masts, bow spirits and booms from various vessels indigenous of St. Michaels. Additional features include central heat, A/C, front porch, and double porches on the backside of the house.